Wednesday, December 16, 2015

My Autistic Wishlist

There is an autistic wishlist hashtag event going on over on Twitter. It is aimed at advocacy organizations.

This particular autistic wishlist is not directed primarily at advocacy organizations. It’s not going in the hashtag.

It is directed at a community constantly in pain. A community constantly expanding outward, pushing against the fringes. A community that could probably stand to be gentler of people with clumsy language and communication disabilities (see my Autistics Speaking Day post).

My autistic wishlist is that our community can handle the constant pain of both outside forces, and turning inward at each other. That our community, expanding outward and challenging perceptions, can introspect long enough to fight together and dispel the distrust constantly aimed at each other.

Yes, I do have a long list of things I wish for with advocacy groups. But it is alongside a deep desire for our existing community what I have tried to outline above.

If you are with me, this journey will be hard. But I will support you any way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment